Welcome To The Parents Page
Useful Informational Links
- Are you struggling with break apart math for your child in the 2nd grade? Here is a wonderful article to help! Math Help 2nd Grade
- 10 ways to boost your child's math success, see article! Math Boosters
- Mathematics is an extremely important subject that provides learners with many important tools. Get the basics to help your child. Math Basics For Parents
- 9 Great Apps to help with math: A Grade-By-Grade Guide. 9 Math apps
Parents, Join The Email List!
Please Join the School on Remind
Parents and Guardians,
Please enter this number 81010 & text this message @school216
To be informed about school events and information through text message
Breakfast In The Classroom (Coming Soon To All Public Elementary Schools)
Whats Cooking? Check out the lunch and breakfast menu!
Parent and Family Resources
A critical component of a student’s success in school is dependent on what and how they learn at home. The Toolkit for Parents and Families is a collection of materials and resources that will help parents and families understand the New York State education reform initiatives and how the changes will help your child graduate from high school ready for college and careers. We encourage parents and families to use these tools in conjunction with resources and information you receive from your child’s school and teachers. We will continue to build upon this toolkit as we receive feedback from educators and families.
In the Toolkit for Parents and Families:
- Interpreting 3-8 ELA & Mathematics Tests,
Results, & Score Reports
- Letter from Commissioner King to Parents
- Parent's Guide to Higher Learning Standards
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Parents Can Do to Help their Children Learn
- Common Core Resources for Parents to Learn More
- Guides to the Common Core Standards
- Educational Activities
- Videos for Parents and Families
The Common Core State Standards are important because they will help all children – no matter who they are – learn the same skills. They create clear expectations for what your child should know and be able to do in key areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening, language and mathematics. If you know what these expectations are, then you can work with the teacher and help your child prepare.
Watch the videos below for an overview of the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts/Literacy and Mathematics.
- Common Core in ELA/ Literacy: An Overview
This 14-minute video provides an overview of the Common Core State Standards in ELA/Literacy. NYS Commissioner of Education John King and contributing author David Coleman discuss the background of the Common Core State Standards, their value in the state, the principles of their development, and the changes required of schools during this transition.
- Common Core in Mathematics: Overview
This 14-minute video provides an overview of the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics. NYS Commissioner of Education John B. King Jr. and contributing author David Coleman discuss the background of the Common Core State Standards, their value in the state, the principles of their development, and the changes required of schools during this transition.